– Firstly place 4-5cm of pebbles in base, followed by a small amount of charcoal.
– Place plant(s) on top of charcoal and gently fill around the base with similar amount of soil.
– Decorative moss, rocks, figurines, shells can be added on to the top layer.
– Carefully add water to the terrarium, just enough to reach the top of the pebble layer. Place the on lid and you are done!
– Over the next 24 hours a fine mist of condensation should become visible at the top of your terrarium. If instead, your vessel has large droplets of moisture, take the lid off for an hour or two to allow some of this to evaporate).
Keeping your terrarium well:
– Your terrarium will need rewatering whenever there is no condensation at the top of the jar/vessel (probably every couple of months). Additionally, you can give an occasional wipe down to clean the glass.
– Trim your plants if/when overcrowding occurs, with a long-handled scissors.
– Make sure you keep your terrarium in a bright location as it needs light to breathe and grow (avoid hot areas and harsh light). If your room is too dark, simply place under a lamp containing a LED bulb for eight hours a day (connect a timer). This will replicate the sun’s rays and enable it to grow.